Holbrook Dental Practice aims to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR]. This Privacy Notice is available on the practice website, at reception, calling the practice on 01904 641167or by email email@example.com
The data controller for the Practice is Dr Smriti Bhakta.
The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data and sensitive personal data for the purposes of the provision of dental health care. The data is collected when a patient is referred to and/or joins the Practice and will be continually updated and enhanced during the ongoing provision of dental health care.
- Personal data and sensitive personal data for the purposes of managing staff, associates and contractors. The data is collected as part of the recruitment process and will be continually updated and enhanced during any period of employment with the Practice.
We need to keep comprehensive and accurate personal data about our patients in order to provide them with safe and appropriate dental care.
For some people we also need to process personal data about you in order to provide care under NHS arrangements and to ensure the proper management and administration of the NHS.
How we process the data
We will process personal data that we hold about you in the following way:
We will retain your dental records while you are a practice patient and after you cease to be a patient, for at least 11 years or for children at least until age 25, whichever is the longer.
Security of information
Personal data about you is held in the practice’s computer system and/or in a manual filing system. The information is not accessible to the public; only authorised members of staff have access to it. Our computer system has secure audit trails and we back up information routinely.
Disclosure of information
To provide proper and safe dental care, we may need to disclose personal information about you to:
– your general medical practitioner
– the hospital or community dental services
– other health professionals caring for you
– NHS payment authorities
– the Inland Revenue
– the Benefits Agency, where you are claiming exemption or remission from NHS charges
– private dental schemes of which you are a member
Disclosure will take place on a ‘need-to-know’ basis, so that only those individuals/organisations who need to know in order to provide care to you and for the proper administration of Government (whose personnel are covered by strict confidentiality rules) will be given the information. Only that information that the recipient needs to know will be disclosed.
In very limited circumstances or when required by law or a court order, personal data may have to be disclosed to a third party not connected with your health care. In all other situations, disclosure that is not covered by this Code of Practice will only occur when we have your specific consent.
Where possible you will be informed of these requests for disclosure.
You have the right of access to the data that we hold about you and to receive a copy. Access may be obtained by making a request in writing. A copy of the record will be provided within 1 month of the request with an explanation of your record should you require it.
If you do not agree
If you do not wish personal data that we hold about you to be disclosed or used in the way that is described in this Code of Practice, please discuss the matter with your dentist. You have the right to object, but this may affect our ability to provide you with dental care.
This policy also applies to records that are managed by third parties on behalf of Holbrook Dental Practice.